The IWRMP will base its objectives in the following areas:
- Enhance global retention and support for women in mining.
- Enhance global opportunities to connect and network with programme
- Enhance and support global organisational cultures in diversity and gender parity
through program participants’ workplaces.
- Enhance and provide superior role models to women working in mining in different
cultures and global communities.
- Engage globally recognised industry sponsors to contribute to a mentoring programme
that aligns with their values in diversity and commerciality.
The IWRMP will utilise a heavily structured framework and will
- The IWRMP will run for six months launching at the PDAC International
Convention, Trade Show and Investors Exchange March 4-7, 2018, to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Center, Toronto, Canada http://www.pdac.ca/convention
- There will be two official events held throughout the programme: Launch (start) and
Celebration event (end).
- The IWRMP will utilise a structured approach that includes a comprehensive matching
process conducted by Registered Psychologists, a framework to align mentor/mentee expectations and expedite the mentoring process, training and ongoing support for all participants. All
facilities would be offered online so participants are not disadvantaged by not attending events.
- Influential males and females sourced from around the world will be invited to
participate as mentors (no charge).
- There will be 50 mentee positions available to women working in resources in a
variety of disciplines from around the world.
- Cost per mentee will be $1650 USD (includes $50 USD registration fee on
application; registration fee is refundable for unsuccessful applicants).
Please contact the Steering Committee organisers for further information:
Barbara Dischinger (Steering Committee Lead)
Cynthia Le Sueur-Aquin (Steering Committee Lead)
Ali Burston (Project Director)