There is an industry need to develop a structured, sustainable and cost-effective mentoring
programme available to its members; the International Women in Resources Mentorship Programme (IWRMP) will provide opportunities to connect with more experienced individuals or mentors, who are
in a position to empower and promote them from a professional and personal development perspective. Participants have the opportunity to work directly with successful senior members of the global
IWRMP mentees will benefit by:
- Gaining career guidance and support from a female or male leader
in the mining industry. Topics will include self-reflection, career future-proofing, building on strengths and expanding your personal network.
- Receiving comprehensive training.
- Developing career goals with a highly experienced professional
that does not have an agenda with the mentee’s workplace/country/culture.
- Having a friend to share their industry
- Being part of a unique, tailored and global programme for women working in the resources
- Some professional
industry bodies recognise mentoring as a Professional Development activity that may be logged in Professional Development logbooks. Contact your professional industry body for further information to
see if you qualify.
What does the application fee cover?
- Attendance at a three-hour training session covering topics
involved with developing a successful mentoring partnership.
- Attendance at a two-hour launch event where you will get the
opportunity to enhance your networks and meet your mentor (either face to face, or virtually), other senior mentors and industry VIP’s.
- Approximately eight one-hour mentoring sessions with a mentor
expertly matched to your career objectives.
- Invitation to five monthly touch point
- Invitation to a final Celebration event where you will get the
opportunity to enhance your networks and meet senior mentors and industry VIPs.
- Access to industry VIPs, mentors and fellow mentees throughout
the course of the program (February – August 2019).
- The registration fee is refundable if